Saturday, November 15, 2008

Pop


Today is my fathers birthday. He died 2 years ago. He would have been 81. It was strange watching him disappear. He literally shrank the last few years of his life from his illness. The year before he passed I was at my brothers for Christmas . I went outside to his car to helped him walk over to the house. I had no idea he had become so frail.

Sometimes I feel bad because I don't feel anything about his death . Maybe I should thank him. I like my life and if he wasn't suck a bastard I may not have left home when I was so young. Hey pop. I wish we had become friends sooner than we did. I will always wonder why you didn't like me. You were not such a bad guy the last 10 years.

1 comment:

Gracia said...

you might hate me for sayin; it, but its a nice picture of the pops! my mom did the same thing coming out of surgery. its the universal language. :)